Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Please Help Another Mama

I received an e-mail today that I must share here. There is a couple (and many other families) that need our help. In 2006, I travelled to China with several families to, finally, meet and adopt their daughters. The experience was like being in the delivery room of many families at the same time. Beautiful.

One of these couples, both of whom are quite funny, sensitive, and truly good-natured, applied in the spring of 07 for the adoption of their second daughter. Now, their adoption is in jeapardy due to some legislative changes. Can you imagine?? Waiting over a year and a half and then having the "rules" change and the fear and heartache that you might not be able to continue with this adoption??

My friend sent me an e-mail with the following request, and I want to share it with you, too. There is more information on the website, as well.

"Please, please, please click on the link http://www.jcics.org/5WaysToHelp.htm and
1) sign the petition,
2) > e-mail JCICS (Joint Council on International Childrens' Services)> and,
3) most importantly, on October 14,15,16 - email your > Senators AND Representatives."

I am not knowledgable about what is happening. I only know that my heart breaks imagining what they are feeling right now. And they are such lovely parents. And their daughter awaits them. So, I hope that your heartstrings, too, are tugged.

Lastly, I was writing an e-mail to another friend who has a 5 month old. She is in the "valley" of new motherhood. She asked for some words of wisdom and/or support. I shared my thoughts, and ended with this sentiment.

"How do we handle all of this? We support each other." We need each other. No matter what our faith, our parenting philosophies, the origin of our children, etc., we are all in this together. And, I believe in the cosmic exchange of energy, or whatever you want to call it.

So, please help this dear couple.