Monday, July 7, 2008

She's Come Undone

When was the last time that you completely gave yourself over to your wildest whim? Oh, am I craving that kind of experience. Complete, utter joy. The kind of joy that I experienced today as I watched a little girl run through park sprinklers weating a beautiful, even fancy, white dress. She looked dressed for church, or a party, and yet here she was wildly and joyfully running through these sprinklers. I sat there in awe as her father allowed her this unplanned, inconvenient (there was no towel or change of clothing in site), and completely 'in the moment' experience.
I considered joining in with Amelia, but I, too, had on white clothing. My modest, guarded side got the best of me.
So, I owe myself an adventure of "coming undone". I know just the person with whom to give it go. Kate, if you are reading this, I can not wait for your visit!