Sunday, January 18, 2009

Editing

In what ways do you "edit" your life? Yourself?

I want you to really consider that question for a few moments. (I will continue to munch on my gloriously juicy clementine as you do. No rush.)

Do you want to say something and hold back?
Do you take back what you do say?
Do you write in your journal, but think before you write? Or cross out? Or re-write?
Do you bite your tongue when your mother or mother-in-law questions your parenting?

I ask this because I have developed a tendency myself to edit my blog posts after I've posted them. A little tweak here and there. Did I mention that I am a recovering perfectionist?

It is an interesting question. Where else am I editing myself? Making little tweaks here and there?

That is my inquiry for this week. And you?